Planning your South Dakota Pheasant Hunt
Good planning will help your hunting experience go smoothly. Our Concierge is available to answer any questions you may have. We have provided a list of what we provide as well as a list of items we think you should bring. Our pro shop has a good selection of Eagle Pass Lodge apparel. If you have a large order with custom embroidery or need special sizing let our Concierge know and she will have your items waiting for you when you arrive.
Whats Included in your Hunt
- Lodge exclusivity for 15-20 hunters
- Airport shuttle from Pierre or Aberdeen
- Double occupancy lodging (private room upgrades)
- Gourmet meals and hors d'oeuvres
- Complimentary beverages
- Unlimited clay target shooting
- South Dakota hunting licenses
- Five-rooster daily bag limit
- Professional guides & retrievers
- Ammunition for hunting & target shooting
- Birds cleaned and vacuum packed (shipping additional)
The South Dakota Pheasant Hunting Season
The pheasant season at Eagle Pass Lodge begins September 1, 2014 and runs through March 31, 2015. The prime hunting time is October and November. Our day in the field typically begins at 10:00 AM and goes until mid to late afternoon. Our daily bag limit is 5 birds per hunter.
If you would like to learn more about the pheasant hunting season and other hunting regulations, please take a moment and visit the SDGFP website for more information.
Eagle Pass Lodge is located outside Ree Heights, South Dakota, in the heart of South Dakota's legendary wild pheasant hunting country!
- Traveling from Aberdeen, SD we are aproximately 103 miles down the road to the southwest. Once on US 281 and just south of Redfield, SD you will want to take Hwy 26 west towards Hwy 45. At this junction you will head south towards Miller, SD. From Miller, SD we are 12.7 miles to the west on Hwy 14 where you then will want to take a right on 347th Ave for two miles to your destination.
- Traveling from Huron, SD we are aproximately 59.9 miles west on Hwy 14. Just 12.7 miles outside of Miller, SD you will want to take a right on 347th Ave for two miles to your destination.
- Traveling from Pierre, SD we are aproximately 58.9 miles east on Hwy 14. After 55 miles outside of Pierre, SD you will take a left on 347th Ave for two miles to your desination.
19540 347th Ave.
Ree Heights, SD 57371
While we have most of what you need to enjoy your hunt, South Dakota weather can be unpredictable. With that we ask you peek at your forecast the 10 days before and during your hunt to prepare.
Click for weather forecastAirports
Private jets may fly into any of the airports listed below, with Pierre and Huron being the closest option. Commercial service is best into Aberdeen or Pierre. If you are flying in a small prop plane, we recommend the Highmore, SD airport (10 miles from lodge). It has a 3,800' paved runway and fuel services.
- Aberdeen Regional Airport has a 6900 ft. runway. Traveling Tips - Advisory for Hunters Flying
- Huron Regional Airport has a 7201 ft. runway.
- Pierre Regional Airport has a 6900 ft runway.
Pheasant Hunt Gear
There are many items that you should have for your South Dakota Pheasant hunt, below are a few key items that we have found to be useful in planning your hunt.